Korean food photo: "cooking korean food with Maangchi"
For the recipe of
DWAEJIBULGOGI (Dwaejigogibokkeum) or KOREAN SPICY STIR FRIED PORK
cooked in a pan, a grill or wok
- All we need is…. or what I really used:
- pork: sliced pork;
- For the marinade:
- vegetable oil:
- ¼ cup onion puree/ 1 large onion sliced,
- ½ cup of crushed korean pear – but instead of pear I used an apple,
- 4 cloves of garlic,
- ½ tbs of minced ginger,
- 1 chopped green onion,
- 1 tbs soy sauce,
- 1 tbs of sugar,
- 1 tbs vinaigre,
- 1 pinch of ground black pepper;
- In a bowl mix well all the ingredients and then add the sliced pork and stir.
- It can be grill, pan fry or BBQ – right after marinating, but it is said that it’s best to let it marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes or longer.
- Serve with rice or lettuce, sliced garlic, as well, green chilli peper or pickled or according to taste.
- for details read the Maangchi’recipe Dwaejibulgogi!!
- For garnish:
- 2 tbs of toasted sesame seads,
- 3 tbs. red hot pepper paste – called traditionally GOCHUJANG;
- salt and pepper, chilli as you like...
- a large cup of cooked white rice & seasoned rice with carrots
- lettuce and green onion.
The onion, carrots and seasoned rice are separated cooked into a frying pan... and then stir together.